Has your Spring cleaning hit a wall? Are you tired of all the washing and scrubbing? Move on to a few more home maintenance chores that need to be tended to before the hot days of Summer arrive. Between toilet cleaning and power washing, work in a few of these simple projects.
- Install weather stripping – seal those drafty windows and doors to keep cool air in and hot air out; meanwhile, inspect the door jambs and windows for cracks and seals
- Repair leaks – inspect faucets and plumbing before your next shower or afternoon running through the sprinkler; newer faucets can offer improved energy efficiency and comfort
- Touch up paint – pull out the brush before the paint chips spread; sand any worn areas, apply spackle, sand again, prime, and paint
- Inspect the siding and exterior paint – take that paintbrush outside while you look for paint chips on the exterior of your house; add a fresh coat of paint to prevent moisture build-up; watch for broken or loose siding and replace accordingly
- Refresh caulking – inspect the caulk around sinks and tubs; reapply as needed to keep water from eroding the structure or causing mold build-up
A few minutes here and there on some maintenance projects can save a ton of time and money later down the road. Take time now to tackle a few necessary chores.