Any exposure to long-term moisture can cause mold to grow at a rapid rate. Used in nature to break down decaying material, mold is extremely harmful to our homes and bodies. Here are a few common misconceptions about mold you should consider should you come in contact with it:
MYTH: Only black mold is dangerous.
FACT: Any mold growing indoors is a potential safety threat and should be removed as soon as possible.
MYTH: If you only see a little bit of mold, it’s nothing to worry about.
FACT: If you can visibly see any mold growth, you have a problem. It’s like an iceberg - you only see a small portion of what’s lurking below. Remove any sign of growth.
MYTH: You can treat mold by killing it with bleach.
FACT: All mold, dead or alive, is hazardous to your health. While bleach may help kill some mold, it is not always effective. The harsh chemicals in bleach are also harmful, so it’s best to remove any and all mold
©2022 HOLMES BUILDING MATERIALS